[Gambas-user] Two problems painting richtext

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jul 20 12:30:06 CEST 2013

Le 14/07/2013 18:46, Tobias Boege a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I want to paint richtext which is:
>
> a) fading in a RadialGradient (black towards transparency) and
> b) centered in a rectangle.
>
> I can achieve a) when using Paint.RichText() followed by Paint.Fill(). But
> with this code, the text is not centered (although I specified Align.Center
> as a parameter to Paint.RichText()). This is a) without b).
>
> If I use Paint.DrawRichText(), the text is centered in the rectangle but the
> RadialGradient brush does not take effect. This is b) without a).
>
> I hope this is a bug and I can do both at a time. :-) Project and screenshot
> of the non-working result here are attached.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

Paint.RichText() has been fixed in revision #5746.

Note that Paint.DrawRichText() does not take the brush into account in
gb.qt4 (only its color). You have to use Paint.RichText(). But
Paint.DrawRichText() is faster.

At the moment, I have no way to workaround this limitation of the Qt API.

Benoît Minisini