[Gambas-user] Printing without X library

Fri Jul 19 20:57:35 CEST 2013

Am 19.07.2013 20:51, schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> Le 19/07/2013 20:47, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
>> Le 19/07/2013 20:32, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
>>> Just stumbled over this one: When I make a Gambas2 script for a
>>> webserver, it refuses to execute because I have to use gb.qt and
>>> gb.qt.ext, and it doesn't find the X server (cannot connect to X server)
>>> when started by Apache.
>>>
>>> Is there a workaround for this?
>>>
>>> Rolf
>>>

>> gb.cairo would allow you to generate a PS or PDF file that you would
>> sent to a printer. Alas gb.cairo is not finished, it can only draw on an
>> image at the moment, and it does not implement the Paint class interface
>> (only the Cairo one, but they are very similar).
>>

> Sorry, I told rubbish. gb.cairo *can* generate PS and PDF files. Once
> you get one, you can send it to CUPS (for example) with the 'lpr'
> command-line tool.
>
> See:
>
> http://www.gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb.cairo/cairopdfsurface/_new?v3

Sounds interesting, but it's Gambas3, and there's only Gambas2 on my
webserver. So I think I will have to keep to the solution with getting
the data via email and make the pdf on my own full-blown server, then
resend it to the customer.