[Gambas-user] Gambas blob behavior: Problems with retreiving a binary file stored in a database

Thu Jul 18 17:19:14 CEST 2013

hi benoit, my englys its bad due i hate the languaje

i cannot classified this behavior as a bug, i explain:

I discovered a small hole in the language "gambas", apparently the data
management type "blob" in mysql is the worst, and since the only DBMS that
developers of gambas used in advance, its mysql, theres no knowledge of
this behavior

The database engine "mysql" is the closest thing to mocosoft, data type
"blob" is saved without escape string, while the other DBMS the most great
and powerful for large volumes (like postgresql, oracle) data "blob" saved
escaped ..

When i try to implement the "File.Save (field, path)" the file are saved to
a path corrupted or in 0k data

I attached the file , our expert in hex behavior and data, Misa3l
anonimous, confirmed the problem.

pleasse see the original threat in venenux developers group:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/venenuxsarisari/IbunRRR8eUI/nxNZzC_yERgJ

i made a program for payroll sisten, *I made ​​a program that monitors and
records the attendances of the employees* of a company, the *principal, and
unique main feature: difference is that my program is made for companies
that have high turnover staffing*.

Do then my program and sistem are unique, powerfully and fault tolerant
also,, no one has made a program like this in a gambas languaje..

for  now i made the client (the monitor of records) in next month i made
the service and report auditor, and then the card reader feature...