[Gambas-user] Hot to load and savbe to DB a binary file (not image either archive strings) (PICCORO McKAY Lenz) (Tobias Boege) (Randall Morgan)

Tue Jul 16 15:20:17 CEST 2013

Bruce, about the scape problem :

> IIRC, recently there was a thread on a problem with postgresql v 9.2??
> blobs that were being
> returned from the database as escaped strings.  One of my colleagues fixed
> that on our
> production database but woefully failed to document what the fix was.  I
> was just hoping to
> be able to reproduce the problem on a test db and see if I could figure
> out from the raw data
> exactly what the problem was and how to fix it forever, in case we need to
> do a db rebuild or
> whatever.

This problem its same with sqlite in rare cases (i dont knwo why, but in
rare rare cases File.save(path, blob.Data) dont work)

this can be wrapped solved exporting with exec shell bin dump export,
Misa3l anonimous solves the problem, see this example:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/venenuxsarisari/IbunRRR8eUI/nxNZzC_yERgJ

> On Mon, 2013-07-15 at 23:15 -0700, Randall Morgan wrote:

The blob data type is a binary object and is a MySQL data type. Not a
> Gambas data type. It is used in a few other databases as well.

ufff mysql+php+apache, the windolike migrated problem.. mysql its just for
fun, when u are a programer, see that theres anothers DB more powerfully...
and focused on special task...
Gambas hav a rare famous that its to close to mysql, and let the rest of
more powerfully DBMS alone with basic support (improved now in gambas 3
series...)

As tobi sais:

> Randall, Blob is a Gambas class that represents a DB's blob field.
>
> Bruce, there's no special concealment about the Blob class :-) See the
> class
> listing of gb.db[0].
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

But the problem that Bruce mentioned are true.., ah To0bi thanks for the
reply , but where i can download attached files of mail list? please?