[Gambas-user] Mouse.Inside() bug with collapsed Expander?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Tue Jul 16 14:30:54 CEST 2013

Hi,

a guy at http://gambas-club.de[0] discovered some strange behaviour with
Mouse.Inside() and two DrawingAreas of which one is inside a collapsed
Expander.

I know this sounds more specific than useful. Honestly, I haven't dug
further into it (if it's only with Expanders or only with DrawingAreas or
someting). I just reproduced the behaviour and made a minimal project.

On the form are two DrawingAreas. One inside an Expander. A Timer fires
regularly and tells you on the two Labels whether you are inside dwg1 or
dwg2.

This works very well. Now collapse the Expander and move over dwg1. You'll
see that Mouse.Inside() reports that you are on dwg1 (which is visually
correct) and on dwg2, too, which is wrong because it's hidden in the
Expander and not near the mouse anyways.

Regards,
Tobi

[0] http://gambas-club.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4560