[Gambas-user] A "Callback" function doesn't work.

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Sun Jul 14 23:28:06 CEST 2013

> Oops, what I was thinking... of
> course the allocation is inside of the
> library, not in pointer declaration...
> So I think that is correct.

 > Jussi

Ok

Bye
vuottt

 On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Jussi Lahtinen <jussi.lahtinen at ...626...>wrote:

 > Not sure this is thread issue, and anyway if it's the
 problem I think
 > jackd doesn't have to be ran as realtime thread (but
 > maybe you need it that way?).
 >
 > I don't think these are equal: "Private client As
 Pointer" and
 > "jack_client_t *client;".
 >
 > Gambas code "Something As Pointer" creates void pointer
 without any
 > allocation,
 > but C code "jack_client_t *client;" creates pointer and
 allocation for the
 > structure.
 >
 > So you need to find out size of the structure and make
 the allocation in
 > Gambas before using it.
 > http://gambasdoc.org/help/lang/alloc
 >
 > Unless the library takes care of the allocation... not
 sure.

 > Also you didn't mention how your code fails. I would
 expect SGN11.

 > Jussi
 >

 > On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Ru Vuott <vuott at ...325...>
 wrote:

 >> Thank you, Tobias.
 >>
 >> If it is just so, it's a pity.
 >>
 >> Regards
 >> vuottt

 >>  Data: Lunedì 8 luglio 2013, 20:08
 >>
 >>  On Mon, 08 Jul 2013, Ru Vuott wrote:
 >>  > Hello,
 >>  >
 >>  > I'm trying to transpose the short C code
 of the
 >>  application: "simple_client" based on Jack
 API, which you
 >>  can see here:
 >>  >
 >>  >
 >> https://github.com/jackaudio/example-clients/blob/master/simple_client.c
 >>  >
 >>  > This small Jack application uses a
 function "callback"
 >>  in the code called "process",  which I
 tried to call in
 >>  Gambas adhering to the instructions - about
 the "callbacks"
 >>  - contained in the official documentation
 relating to
 >>  external functions.
 >>  >
 >>  > I do not understand really why the
 "backcall" function
 >>  in my Gambas transposition does not works.
 >>  > So I'ld like to ask for your help for a
 checking,
 >>  so that we can understand the real problem.
 >>  >
 >>  > I attach the source code of my Gambas
 transposition.
 >>  >
 >>  > (Application needs Jack is running)
 >>  >
 >>  > Thanks... a lot !
 >>
 >>  Sorry, I don't know the least what this
 project is about but
 >>  the comment in
 >>  the C sources state that the callback is
 executed in a
 >>  "special realtime
 >>  thread". This is the same problem as here[0],
 I suspect.

 >>  Regards,
 >>  Tobi
 >>
 >>  [0] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=30895071

 >> See everything from the browser to the database
 with AppDynamics
 >> Get end-to-end visibility with application
 monitoring from AppDynamics
 >> Isolate bottlenecks and diagnose root cause in
 seconds.