[Gambas-user] Array for File class?

steveNewbie steve32942000 at ...43...
Thu Jan 31 20:58:31 CET 2013

In the application I am working on I have a need to write various outputs to
multiple files.  Gambas does not allow me to create an array of File class
to store multiple pointers to the Files once they are created.  Is there a
way to over come this?

I have some code below.

PUBLIC hFile AS File[100]     (DOES NOT COMPUTE)

PUBLIC SUB CreateOutFiles()
   DIM J As Integer

   FOR J = 1 to 50
      hFile[J] = OPEN (fileName ) FOR CREATE      (DOES NOT COMPUTE)
   NEXT
  "
END

I have a separate function that writes to these files later in the code do I
need a reference to the hFile[J].

Thanks,
Steve