[Gambas-user] forcing time zone localization

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Jan 31 10:29:19 CET 2013

Le 31/01/2013 08:35, Kevin Fishburne a écrit :
> I have a client/server application in which the server tells the client
> the date and time. The date and time is calculated by the server from an
> arbitrary starting point and at an arbitrary scale, but based on the
> server's system clock so that time still "advances" when the server
> application is not running. The client and server display the date and
> time using code like this:
>
> Format$(CDate(DateCurrent), "mmmm d, yyyy, hh:nn:AM/PM")
>
> I need Gambas to use a specific time zone for the client and server,
> ignoring the system time zone. I've read this:
>
> http://gambasdoc.org/help/doc/locale?v3
>
> Is what I'm trying to do possible? What environment variable should I
> set in Gambas ($LC_ALL, $LANG), and is there an ISO or table of codes to
> choose from? I've looked at ISO 3166 here:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166
>
> Thanks.

You should not need to use a different timezone for a program. Otherwise
you can use the TZ environmental variable.

But you can get the current timezone by doing: Round(Frac(Date(now)) *
24). (Meaning that the time is UTC + that value. TZ is set with the
opposite).

Then you can convert a local time to GTM time for your communication
between server and client.

Dunno if it fits your need.

Benoît Minisini