[Gambas-user] SaveFile problems

John Rose john.aaron.rose at ...626...
Wed Jan 30 11:07:22 CET 2013

When I click the Combined button on the attached project (CombineAV
which is fairly small), the SaveFile (from the GB.Form.Dialog component)
does not point to the specified Dialog.Path (/home/john/Temporary) but
points to the directory above it (/home/john) with the filename set to
Temporary (see procedure ButtonCombined_Click). You'll need to
have/setup a directory (e.g. Temporary) containing a .m2v and a .mp2
file. These files don't have to be proper video or audio files as the
problem I have occurs before they are used by the mplex program - part
of the mpegtools package - which does not need to be installed.

When I run this project (under Ubuntu 32 bit Precise) using Debug (e.g.
up to the above point) and then switch to another app (e.g. Firefox)
using the Unity Launcher, then I have no means to switch back to the
project's window (i.e. the CombineAV window). The Unit Launcher does not
have it as a separate 'instance' on the Unity Launcher. This could be a
fault with Ubuntu or the Unity Launcher. What's the view?

John