[Gambas-user] EXEC output advice needed

bill-lancaster bill-lancaster at ...2231...
Mon Jan 28 16:59:52 CET 2013

I've tried to make a Gambas front end for a mysql restore.
Instead of running code in a terminal I want to use the EXEC function in
Gambas.
This code works in terminal:-

mysql -u root -pmypassword archive <
/home/bill/GambasFolder/mysql/BackUpOfarchive.sql

But when this code is run from Gambas:-

Exec ["mysql", "-u", "root", "-pmypassword", txbDbName.Text, "<",
FileChooser1.Value]

nothing happens, the result shown in the Gambas terminal indicates that the
EXEC function failed.

Is there a way to see exactly what instructions were passed to mysql through
the EXEC call?