[Gambas-user] FilterView.Filter (at least) problem

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Jan 27 15:04:13 CET 2013

Le 27/01/2013 14:23, Tobias Boege a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> the FileView.Filter property does not always work like described in the
> documentation, here. The problem comes up when multiple file types are
> to be displayed. The attached project creates three kinds of archives under
> /tmp and offers two filters.
>
> The first one mimics how it is done in the documentation, e.g. [0], and
> yields nothing - which is wrong.
>
> The second syntax is inspired by the shell and makes the FileView display
> the files correctly.
>
> Is this system specific or an error in the docs, or...? This may affect
> other Filter properties, too. I didn't test.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi
>
> [0] http://gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb.form/fileview/filter?v3

The documentation is false. It assumes that the FileView.Filter property
works like the Dialog.Filter property, but no!

The FileView.Filter property just takes an array of "LIKE" patterns:

FileView1.Filter = ["*.tar.gz", "*.tar.xz", "*.tar.bz2"]

Benoît Minisini