[Gambas-user] Image quality value?

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Fri Jan 25 19:28:26 CET 2013

> But it seems that for PNG, the quality doesn't do anything.

I tried that.
I loaded a gif image and then I saved it twice in PNG format: the first image in 10-quality, the second in 100-quality.
Well, the 10-quality PNG file-image was 10,2 KByte; the 10-quality PNG file-image was 46 KByte !

> And for some reason I cannot save pics as GIF (unknown
> format).

About this problem I asked Benoit, and he answered:
"Actually, gb.image.io relies on the gdk-pixbuf library to save the
picture. So the supported formats are the one supported by that library."

Well, gdk-pixbuf documentation says:
"Saves pixbuf to a file in type, which is currently "jpeg", "png", "tiff", "ico" or "bmp". "