[Gambas-user] Issue 382 in gambas: Mkdir reports the wrong error when it gets a general system error

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Wed Jan 9 18:08:36 CET 2013

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 382 by ron.mcin... at ...626...: Mkdir reports the wrong error when
it gets a general system error
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=382

1) Describe the problem.
It appears that mkdir reports the wrong error when it gets a general system
error  when attempting to create the directory (in my case I attempted to
create a directory with ":" in the name on a Windows drive). It reports
back an error 22 not 42 as stated in the documentation.

2) Information
[System]
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=3.5.0-17-generic
Architecture=i686
Memory=4098264 kB
DistributionVendor=LinuxMint
DistributionRelease="Linux Mint 14 Nadia"
Desktop=Gnome

[Gambas 3]
Version=3.3.4
Path=/usr/bin/gbx3

[Libraries]
Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.8.3
GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.13

3) Provide a little project that reproduces the bug or the crash.
Shouldn't be needed but can produce if need be.

5) Explain clearly how to reproduce the bug or the crash.
Attempt to make a directory with invalid characters in the name (easiest on
Windows/DOS disk).

6) By doing that carefully, you have done 50% of the bug fix job!

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you encounter several different problems or bugs, (for
example, a bug in your project, and an interpreter crash while debugging
it), please create distinct issues!

Regards
Ron McInally