[Gambas-user] Issue 373 in gambas: Drag And Drop Data from CAJA and Nautilus

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Fri Jan 4 07:55:10 CET 2013

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 373 by bjda... at ...626...: Drag And Drop Data from CAJA and
Nautilus
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=373

1) Describe the problem.

I've recently ported over to MATE on Linux Mint 14.

The only issue I have come across is that I wrote a few applications in
gambas 2 & 3 that use the "drop and drag" feature of nautilus - in that I
can drag a file from nautilus into my gambas program and it will give me
the URL to the file to then process. Caja doesn't seem to support this, but
instead only gives me the X & Y of where the mouse is on the drop target
and not the file location.

Has anyone played with this sort of thing before with Caja? It works fine
in Nautilus.

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):

Version: 3.3.3
Operating system: Linux
Architecture: x86_64 & ARM
GUI component:QT4
Desktop used: MATE

5) Explain clearly how to reproduce the bug or the crash.
Make any form object able to receive a drop target.. ie image

PUBLIC SUB PictureBox1_Drop()

   'recieve drop and get file path
   drop_picture_path = urlencode(Drag.Data)
   'PRINT drop_picture_path
   picture_filename = findfilename(drop_picture_path)
   'PRINT picture_filename

The problem is under nautilus it works just fine, but Caja reports the
mouse X & Y co-ordinates in the drag.DATA instead of the URL.