[Gambas-user] gb.net.curl How to upload binary files

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Feb 23 19:10:26 CET 2013

Le 21/02/2013 20:42, Ulf Wedemeyer SpamOk a écrit :
> Hello Gambas experts
>
> I have been working on a small project syncing data with Google through their
> data  API.
>
> Most of the communication works well using the HttpClient from the gb.net.curl
> component, but I struggling to get mimic the following curl command line.
>
> curl --silent --request POST --data-binary "@sweeping_the_rock.png"  \
> --header "Slug: Sweeping the rock" --header "Content-Type: image/png" \
> --header "Authorization: GoogleLogin auth=ABCDEFG"
> "http://picasaweb.google.com/data/feed/api/user/brad.gushue/albumid/5113621341847124417"
>
> I don't want to open the file and read fully first, as it can become rather
> large, so I prefer to read it /pipe to the curl stream.
> Currently I reverted to using the Shell command but I consider that only a
> workaround with a curl component already existing.
>
> A small code snipplet would be great help.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> Ulf

Does the following work when the file is not too large?

MyHttpClient.URL =
"http://picasaweb.google.com/data/feed/api/user/brad.gushue/albumid/5113621341847124417"
MyHttpClient.Post("image/png", File.Load("sweeping_the_rock.png"),
["Slug: Sweeping the rock", "Authorization: GoogleLogin auth=ABCDEFG"])

--
Benoît Minisini