[Gambas-user] gb.web

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sat Feb 23 15:42:49 CET 2013

On Sat, 23 Feb 2013, Randall Morgan wrote:
> Ok, can you give me a link to the German version?
>

> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 3:46 AM, Mike Crean <mike.crean at ...2897...> wrote:
> > Randall, perhaps I should wait untill I have it all working then document it all and have it posted up
> > on the Gambas web site.
> >
> > Mike

Hmm. I read Hans' article and my personal impression is: it's too big.

I mean: the first part is about installing and configuring apache2's userdir
module and stuff on some past Ubuntu which is - strictly - out of scope and
should be stripped. There are other tutorials on that.

Next, is the important CGI stuff.

Then comes practise: using GET and POST methods, MySQL and SSI where the
first two are Gambas practise and SSI is just about some HTML.

I'd summarise the whole 14 pages of the document like:

---
Configure your apache to your own taste - you may want to use the userdir
module -; find one of the tutorials out there if you need. However, to mark
Gambas executables as CGI scripts, add this line to your configuration:

AddHandler cgi-script .gambas

and the following ones to all CGI-executable Directory blocks:

Options +ExecCGI
SetHandler cgi-script

Don't forget that Gambas comes with lots of components: you can access MySQL
databases, etc. etc. pp.. Since Gambas 3.1.0 there are also Gambas webpages.
See the documentation for details.
---

If it helps, I can convert and rewrite all the examples included in Hans'
distribution to Gambas3 but I would only take Mike's offer to check his
translation and not translate myself.

Regards,
Tobi