[Gambas-user] Which version of Gambas installed?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Wed Feb 20 16:30:46 CET 2013

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013, Jussi Lahtinen wrote:
> Hmmm... I have understand that "gbx3 --version" gets version number from
> some file?
> So, maybe compiling could run something like "svn info | grep -w Revision"
> to create revision file too?
>
> Jussi

That was my idea, too. You can check if the current directory is an svn
repository by branching:

if test `svn info >/dev/null 2>&1; echo $?` -eq 0

and if it is, take the revision into a variable:

GAMBAS_REVISION=`svn info | sed -n 's/^Revision: \(.*\)$/\1/p'`

otherwise make the variable zero.

My problem was to make this variable available to gbx. If anyone helped me
with this, I'd be glad.

Regards,
Tobi