[Gambas-user] How To Gambas

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Tue Feb 19 16:51:37 CET 2013

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013, Willy Raets wrote:
> As of today How to Gambas has his own website: http://howtogambas.org
>
> We have also relocated the first guide in the series:
> How To Gambas3 - 1. Installing Gambas
> http://howtogambas.org/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=1%2F2
>

> Work on the second guide is in progress
> How To gambas3 - 2. Building GUI Applications
> http://howtogambas.org/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=1%2F3
>
> Now that all websites of the are in place we can start focusing on
> getting some things finished, like guides, aplications and a
> distribution :)

I skimmed through the first "How To" if you could call it like that despite
its length and if you take it I've one remark: don't show your readers that
you compile Gambas from sources and run the IDE afterwards as root. If they
are newbies, they would likely do it the same way. I talk about page 44 ff.

Regards,
Tobi

P.S.: The problem with the "Network" combobox I mentioned in another mail[0]
is also present at this site.

[0] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=30489587