[Gambas-user] Problems working with FTPClient

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun Feb 17 09:03:49 CET 2013

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> Le 16/02/2013 21:47, Tobias Boege a ?crit :
> >> True. AFAICS, it is only raised when Get() is executed without an argument
> >> and operates asynchronously?
> >>
> >> I attached a sample project showing the PWD and LIST commands. The former
> >> doesn't need passive mode, the latter does. However, I couldn't get either
> >> one to do any output.
> >>
> >> Additionally, FtpClient.Get() can be executed without argument and
> >> asynchronously - nothing happens here. The application seems to hang.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Tobi
> >
> > Ahh! I must not use "Line Input #Last, sLine" but
> > "Read #Last, sFile, Lof(Last)" to make the Read event trigger for
> > FtpClient.Get(). I hope you can tell me why.
> >
> > The problem persists, however, with the calls to Exec(). There's no way to
> > read their data.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tobi
> >

> I have fix some problems in the Read event handler of curl objects in
> revision #5553.

Is this supposed to enable Line Input in the Read event? With the project
attached to a previous mail, I get only some lines of the file (around the
first few ones). Read at its place continues to give me the all.

> But indeed, commands sent with the Exec() methods cannot read or write
> any data.
>
> To get the equivalent of the "LIST" command, issue a Get() on a FTP
> directory.

Yes, this works. Exactly the same output.

Regards,
Tobi