[Gambas-user] Problems working with FTPClient

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sat Feb 16 21:38:39 CET 2013

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> Le 16/02/2013 20:33, Tobias Boege a ?crit :
> >> libcurl uses passive mode by default apparently.
> >>
> >> And you must not use sockets to deal with FtpClient. FtpClient is the
> >> object you have to read in asynchronous mode.
> >
> > OK. I see the transfer delay in my application when using Exec(["LIST"]).
> > The data seems to get to through to curl. But as a matter of fact, there is
> > no way to access this data using FtpClient.
> >
> > It seems to be pretty straightforward to add my bPassive argument. Shall I
> > try?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tobi
> >

> Do you use FtpClient in synchronous or asynchronous mode?

It doesn't work with either mode.

> Don't FtpClient raise its Read event when running the command?

True. AFAICS, it is only raised when Get() is executed without an argument
and operates asynchronously?

I attached a sample project showing the PWD and LIST commands. The former
doesn't need passive mode, the latter does. However, I couldn't get either
one to do any output.

Additionally, FtpClient.Get() can be executed without argument and
asynchronously - nothing happens here. The application seems to hang.

Regards,
Tobi