[Gambas-user] Shared bcm2835 library for RasPi

Christer Johansson lists at ...2828...
Wed Feb 6 22:07:12 CET 2013

First of all thanks to Mike McCauley for making and sharing the bcm2835
library, _ALL_ credits belongs to him and not me, I just compiled a shared
lib version so we can use Mike's great work to access GPIO, SPI ports etc.
on the Raspberry Pi to toggle LED's or interface with other hardware!

Since I know here are a bunch of other Raspberry Pi owners on this
list I just wanted to share the lib with you since it took me a while
and some pure luck ;) to figure out how to compile it in GCC...

So far I've only used a few of all available functions to control some LED's
so if anyone else figure out correct declaration with Gambas3 EXTERN command
please share with the list and I will compile it into a readme.txt for
upcoming
version.

Visit Mike's website for more information on parameters etc.

  http://www.open.com.au/mikem/bcm2835/index.html

Installation
------------

1. Copy "libbcm2835.so" to /usr/local/lib directory and run the
   following command to install

     ldconfig

2. Verify with following command that lists all shared libraries.

     ldconfig -v

3. Declare the functions in Gambas 3 with EXTERN command...

     Public EXTERN bcm2835_init() As Integer In "libbcm2835"
     etc...

NOTE: You must run your Gambas3 program as root else it won't work! Maybe
there
are ways to fix this?

Again, kudos to Mike McCauley!

/CJ