[Gambas-user] Delete a file requiring Admin privilege

Sun Feb 3 20:21:45 CET 2013

> OK. In order to put an end to this haunting I installed gksudo and the
> following line is verified to work:
>
> ' This file exists and its path contains spaces, apparently
> sPath = User.Home &/ "dir space" &/ "desktop space.desktop"
> Exec ["gksudo", "desktop-file-install", sPath]
>
> The file _is_ copied into /usr/share/applications/.
>
> It _must_ consequently be some issue with your system. I've tested this
> under Arch Linux: gksudo is symlinked to gksu, version 2.0.2.

With Gambas 3 rev 5511 @ Xubuntu 12.04 64bit,
at least this works as expected:
Exec ["gksudo", "cat", "/home/mess/Desktop/test test/test .txt"]

And to get it work in actual terminal, single quotes are needed:
$ gksudo cat '/home/mess/Desktop/test test/test .txt'

Jussi