[Gambas-user] Issue 487 in gambas: Binaries are not converted to lowercase

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Thu Dec 26 18:00:19 CET 2013

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 487 by computer... at ...626...: Binaries are not converted to
lowercase
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=487

1) Generate a DEB installer from the Gambas "make package" wizard (give
your project name some capitalisation)
2) Install the generated DEB
3) You cannot start the executable with the lowercase name. For example, if
the project name is TestProgram, I cannot run from the commandline:
/usr/bin/testprogram

Instead, I need to use this:
/usr/bin/TestProgram

Please convert the binary name to lowercase. I haven't seen any package who
uses capitalisation in the /usr/bin folder.