[Gambas-user] basics of dynamic arrays of structures

Sat Dec 21 06:36:12 CET 2013

I've gotten some flak about how I declare arrays and want to change my
ways. Previously I would do something like:

Public SomeArray[300,300] as Integer

I have a case now where I need an array whose number of elements will be
incremented and that will be cleared occasionally. Of course I can't
figure out how to do it. My code looks like this (I stripped it down):

---

Public Struct PlanWallStructure
   Created As Boolean
End Struct

Public Struct PlanStructure
   Wall As Struct PlanWallStructure
End Struct

Public Plan[10] As Struct PlanStructure

---

So I need, for example, Plan[0].Wall to be an array where I can do
something like:

---

Plan[0].Wall.Clear
Index = Plan[0].Wall.Count
Plan[0].Wall[Index] = True
Index = Plan[0].Wall.Count
Plan[0].Wall[Plan[0].Wall.Count] = False

---

Is this possible? I've tried every syntax I can think of and looked at
the documentation but get errors every time.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues