[Gambas-user] Creating a gb3 executable

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Wed Dec 18 03:33:37 CET 2013

I have done this so many times before but today I just cant get it to
work.

We have a code generator that updates the source code for a library
project. As well as that it updates an SQLite database file in the
project. This database gets stored inside the library executable.

Fundamentally every time the database is changed we need to recompile
the library. Fundamentally many times I forget to do it and sit here
wondering why nothing has changed. So I am trying to automate the
executable generation in the code generator.

  If Message.Question("Recompile BO library?", "Yes", "No") = 1 Then
    Print "Compiling " & $cProjectPath
    Shell "gbc3 -egawx " & $cProjectPath To sCompileLog
    Print sCompileLog
    Print "Creating executable archive " & $cProjectPath &/
File.BaseName($cProjectPath) & ".gambas"
    Shell "gba3 -v -o " & $cProjectPath &/ File.BaseName($cProjectPath)
& ".gambas" To sCompileLog
    Print sCompileLog
  Endif

The gbc3 bit works fine and all the files in .gambas are updated, but
the gba3 bit doesn't do what I want. The library executable file
timestamp doesn't change.

Here's the output:
Compiling /home/bb/gambas3_proj/atestmgr/tmbo2
OK

Creating executable
archive /home/bb/gambas3_proj/atestmgr/tmbo2/tmbo2.gambas

but the tmbo2.gambas file is still timestamped some hours ago.

I have waded through the IDE code to see if I can find a clue, but alas,
no joy.

I'd appreciate if someone could take a look at that code above and tell
me if there is something glaringly obvious that I just cannot see.

tia
Bruce