[Gambas-user] gb.db Connections questions

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Dec 16 11:13:20 CET 2013

Le 16/12/2013 06:53, Bruce a écrit :
> Fiddling around under the hood ....
>
> Is there any hidden reason why Connections is readonly?

Because it is a collection of connections defined in the project, so it
is read-only.

> Is there any reason for it not having a Count property?

Not at all. I will add it.

> The reason being, I am trying to get rid of my Application
> override/inheritance problem from this morning. I have run into an issue
> where a) we configure the connection host at runtime (the age-old
> "dev/test/prod" server configuration) and b) one library creates a
> hardcoded connection (it's actually a "softcoded" connection) to an
> SQLite file in the tmp/gambas.999/proc directory. I need to share both
> of these connections up and down our component/library tree.
>
> I have changed our local copy of gb.db but am wondering if there is any
> hidden issues that could arise that mean that Connections must be
> readonly.
>
> tia
> Bruce

Did you try to override the Connections class instead? So that it
returns both the static connections defined in the project or the new
ones you want to add?

--
Benoît Minisini