[Gambas-user] Writing a text file from the contents of a text area

John Rose john.aaron.rose at ...626...
Sun Dec 15 10:10:35 CET 2013

Bill,

The textarea control (i.e. as you see it on the form) has a number
of lines. But I'm also interested in an example for a textarea string
having a "number of lines" (i.e. it
contains \n escape characters). Also, I'm interested in an example where
a string is repeatedly presented (with different values, each without a
\n at the end) for writing to a file.

As I previously said the file should be readable (and with each line
displayed on a separate line) by gedit.

My assumption is that I would have to use an Open command, followed by a
Write command, followed by a Close command.

--
Regards, John