[Gambas-user] How do you deal with multiple objects (Textboxes)

nando nando_f at ...951...
Fri Dec 13 15:04:29 CET 2013

When I want to group a bunch of text boxes together
to perform the same function - like clear the text,
I add them an OBJECT[] and loop through it.

So, I usually add them into the array inside _new() or _init()
then I can loop through the object array to perform something.

OBJECT[] elements are just pointers to the Textbox (or whatever control you want)
so it is fairly tight.

I also like this because I can use different OBJECT[] to help control the same
Textboxes, but for different reasons.  I do this for speed at the expense
of another array without having IFs tested inside the loop.
(you may think the speed difference might be trivial, but it is important to me)

Also, remove or delete all the items in OBJECT[] if you destroy the controls.
You may have pointers pointing to invalid/unused memory.

-Nando