[Gambas-user] Issue 480 in gambas: Managing SVN conflicts

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Thu Dec 5 17:33:44 CET 2013

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 480 by ea7... at ...626...: Managing SVN conflicts
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=480

1) Describe the problem.

Since I'm working in a little team, we are using SVN to manage a project.
We all set up the project to use SVN in the IDE and we soon discovered some
issues with SVN conflicts, not able to being resolved from the IDE. I've
found in the gambas sources there is a form to do this, but when SVN finds
a conflict, it stays waiting until timeout. There's no action on Gambas
IDE, no message (only the console one from SVN executable) and finally we
need to resolve it from outside the IDE.

My SVN version is: svn, version 1.6.17 (r1128011) Spanish

Here is a snippet of the last issue (in an extern terminal):

$ svn up
U    estru3d/hlp/status.htm
U    estru3d/.src/modUtils.module
U    estru3d/.src/modGraphics.module
U    estru3d/.src/modEstru.module
Se descubrió un conflicto en «estru3d/.src/FMain.form».
Seleccione: (p) posponer, (df) ver dif. completo, (e) editar,
         (mc) mío conflicto, (tc) de ellos conflicto,
         (s) mostrar todas las opciones: mc
G    estru3d/.src/FMain.form
G    estru3d/.src/FMain.class
U    estru3d/.src/modCalculus.module
Actualizado a la revisión 23.

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):

Gambas=TRUNK 3.5.90 r5977
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=3.2.0-23-generic
Architecture=x86_64
Distribution=Linux Mint 13 Maya
Desktop=GNOME
Theme=QPlastique
Language=es_ES.UTF-8
Memory=16034M
[Libraries]
Cairo=libcairo.so.0.0.0
Cairo=libcairo.so.2.11000.2
Curl=libcurl.so.4.2.0
DBus=libdbus-1.so.3.5.8
GStreamer=libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.30.0
GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.10
Poppler=libpoppler.so.19.0.0
Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.8.1
SDL=libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.3

3) Provide a little project that reproduces the bug or the crash.
If you really want it, I need to setup an account to you in our system.

5) Explain clearly how to reproduce the bug or the crash.
Two or more people modifying a file under version control will sooner or
later trigger a conflict. When it arises, no action was taken in Gambas IDE.