[Gambas-user] Calling a sub from a Webview

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Wed Dec 4 22:32:45 CET 2013

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013, Jesus wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I currently helping to port a VB6 program to Gambas3, but to my
> surprise, it does weird things like these from the post title: it is
> calling methods and functions from the html code inside a webbrowser
> control.
>
> It has a wb control that acts like a sort of wizard/help thing, and the
> html links in that view are calling methods inside the application. That
> links are as '<a href="act:some_class.method">some action</a>'
>
> So the question is, could it be done with gambas somehow?
>
> Regards
> --
> Jesus Guardon

Jesus (meant as an interjection)! I know I shouldn't question other people's
design choices but this is just mad. Actually it might have seemed like an
elegant way to communicate with an HTML page to the original author of that
program - I understand that - but this is just asking for trouble, IMHO.

However, I guess Object.Call() is your best bet here.

Regards,
Tobi