[Gambas-user] Configure method of ToolBar

Jesus ea7dfh at ...2382...
Tue Dec 3 00:41:25 CET 2013

El 01/12/13 16:54, Jesus escribió:
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to get up and running a project which have a Toolbar and some
> toolbuttons in it. I'd like to mimic the same behavior toolbars have in
> Gambas' IDE. I've read the docs about Toolbar (gb.form.mdi) but calling
> the configure method throws an error aborting my application.
> BTW, all the toolbuttons have set an Action property, but note that I
> haven't any workspace in the main form, just the toolbar.
>
> This is the code I'm using in a minimal test application:
> ------8<----------------------------------
> Public Sub ToolBar1_MouseDown()
>
>       If Mouse.Right Then ToolBar1.Configure
>
> End
> ------8<----------------------------------
> The error text is in the 'Toolbar1.Configure' line: "Not an object"
> The stack back-trace:
>
> FToolBarConfig.InitAction.108
> FToolBarConfig.SetCurrentToolBar.54
> FToolBarConfig.Run.17
> Action._ConfigureToolBar.21
> ToolBar.Configure.34
> FMain.ToolBar1_MouseDown.20
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Finally I've found what I was doing wrong. The 'Key' toolbar's property
*must* be set with a unique name. Failing to do this, will lead to a
dumb toolbar. No need to call Configure from a mouse event. Hope this
helps someone else.

Regards

--
Jesus Guardon