[Gambas-user] Compiling a Gambas Project

Nigel Verity nigelverity at ...67...
Sun Dec 1 12:26:41 CET 2013

Hi

When I perform a "Compile" or "Compile All" operation from the Gambas menu any language syntax errors seem to be identified correctly. The same applies to declaration errors. However, I have noticed that calls to non-existant functions (as a result of spelling errors) are often not flagged. As a result the code passes the compilation checks and I can create an executable. The coding problems do, however, result in runtime errors.

Is there a setting to ensure that compilation identifies ALL problems, or is it just a shortcoming with the compile process?

Regards

Nige