[Gambas-user] Why is LCDNumber deprecated?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Fri Aug 30 09:22:40 CEST 2013

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> Le 23/08/2013 13:50, Tobias Boege a ?crit :
> > Hi Benoit,
> >
> > the docs say that LCDNumber is deprecated and that one should use LCDLabel
> > instead. I can partly understand the reason: each number can be converted to
> > a string so no need to have a LCDNumber. (Or is there any other reason?)
> >
> > However, it indeed is some nice shortcut with its Value property and the
> > conversion constants. I'd personally like to keep it. What do you think?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tobi
> >

> LCDLabel.Value added in revision #5819.

So you suggest to also remove the article about LCDNumber from our book
because the class will vanish soon? (Or asked a different way: Is there a
"removal schedule" for deprecated classes?)

Regards,
Tobi