[Gambas-user] Problems with the IDE and Stream buffering

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Thu Aug 29 22:31:20 CEST 2013

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> Le 29/08/2013 21:34, Tobias Boege a ?crit :
> > On Thu, 29 Aug 2013, Beno?t Minisini wrote:
> >> Le 26/08/2013 15:30, Tobias Boege a ?crit :

> >> Is it better with revision #5816?
> >>

> > It's not. I spent the afternoon searching for a solution myself. I should
> > note that I use Line Input in a Read event of a file or a process (in my
> > test project). The symptom is that the Read event does not raise anymore.
> >
> > Before #5816, both didn't work. With #5816, the process is OK, but not the
> > file.
> >
> > If I am correct, with the recent changes, a stream's read function can (if
> > it returns non-zero in case of EOF) disable generation of Read events. This
> > happens e.g. when the file is completely read into the buffer. Even if the
> > buffer has data left inside, the fd is completely read and the read
> > callbacks are disabled.
> >
> > I have a patch attached which fixes Process and File on my system when used
> > with Line Input in a Read event but I don't know if the changes are placed
> > properly. It should apply to #5816.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tobi
> >
> > PS: I have also to report that my program slows down insanely when they read
> >      many data from a process (like when I watch a Gambas compilation). But
> >      feel free to return to this issue after your holidays.
> >

> And now, with revision #5817? Do you have a little test project so that
> I can check your problems?

It's not fixed. I attach a sample project for the stream Line Input case.

I will prepare reports for the "massive input" thing and for my IDE problems
tomorrow. Nothing urgent, though.

Regards,
Tobi