[Gambas-user] SQL query for DB.Exec() question

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Aug 29 20:57:59 CEST 2013

Le 28/08/2013 22:18, Willy Raets a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> I've been searching the Gambas mailing list archives and documentation
> for a answer to a problem I have. Tried all kinds of suggestions but
> haven't solved the problem yet.

> I have tried it like this in Gambas (rData being a Result and ConMyData
> being the connection)
>
> rData = ConMyData.Exec("SELECT &1 FROM IC", "'Actueel IC'")

The substitution syntax of Exec(), Find(), Edit()... substitutes
*values*, not fields.

Write that:

rData = ConMyData.Exec(Subst("SELECT &1 FROM IC",
ConMyData.Quote("Actueel IC")))

Benoît Minisini