[Gambas-user] accessing mdb files

Caveat Gambas at ...1950...
Thu Aug 29 19:51:03 CEST 2013

It's perhaps a little off-topic as this is a Gambas mailing list, but I
have written a .mdb to mysql|postgresql|hsqldb|mssqlserver converter in
java.  I tried using mdbtools but never got very satisfactory results,
so I wrote my own conversion software.

The converter works on Northwind (the sample .mdb from MS), including
the binary pictures and on our own database we use for stock control at
work (150,000 records or so, takes about 5 mins...).  There is support
for complete conversion of the schema (create all tables, columns with
null/not null, create primary keys, indexes, foreign key relations, ...)
and of course, the all-important data!

I'm looking to test against a few more databases, so if this is an
interesting route to follow, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

I also support a kind of basic "interactive mode" through a socket where
you can retrieve rows, do simple selects, examine columns etc.  The
conversion is done using only commands which are also available as
interactive commands...

Kind regards,
Caveat