[Gambas-user] How to insert a .png file into a CairoPdfSurface (gb.cairo)

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Sat Aug 24 03:30:43 CEST 2013

On Sat, 2013-08-24 at 03:19 +0200, Willy Raets wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Been struggling with inserting an existing .png file onto a
> CairoPdfSurface (gb.cairo).
>
> Done some extensive reading in the documentation but do not seem to find
> a method get the job done. Is this not possible or am I misunderstanding
> the documentation?
>
> Piece of the code of the project:
>
> Public Sub MakePdf()
>
>   Dim hPdfProjectFile As CairoPdfSurface
>   Dim sPdfPath, sPicPath As String
>   Dim iX, iY As Float
>   sPicPath = User.Home & "/MyFolder/mypicture.png"
>   sPdfPath = User.Home & "/MyFolder/project.pdf"
>   hPdfProjectFile = New CairoPdfSurface(sPdfPath, 210, 297)
>   Cairo.Begin(hPdfProjectFile)
>   '--Draw title --
>   iY = 250
>   '-- Some code to determine X coördinate iX --
>   Cairo.Font.Bold = True
>   Cairo.Font.Size = 18
>   Cairo.MoveTo(iX, iY)
>   Cairo.DrawText(Start.ProjectLoadedTitle)
>   Cairo.Font.Bold = False
>   '
>   '--Draw project logo --
>   iY = 285
>   ...                   '<== stuck right here!!
>   '
>   '--Draw Document Version--
>   iY = 500
>   Cairo.End
>
> End
>
> Anyone any ideas, suggestions, links?

Just to clarify, I need the .png in sPicPath = User.Home &
"/MyFolder/mypicture.png" do be drawn underneath the Title at
section '--Draw project logo --

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)