[Gambas-user] SMTP Errors

Marty mmcg29440 at ...3163...
Thu Aug 22 02:22:02 CEST 2013

I think I know why gb.smtp does not work. I have been getting the 535
error (authentication failed). I have tried everything including Rolf's
suggestion of leaving off the user and password. Still authentication
fails. Looking at the documentation for password and user it says that
only plain authentication is supported. I think the send process breaks
down when the password and user get to the smtp host. It may be looking
for an SSL encoded string not a plain string; therefore authentication
fails. Rolf and Willy let me know what you think. Is this possible?
Could openSSL be at fault? That's the other thought I had.

Rolf I've tried the routine you suggested and it seems to work. I may
follow your advice and use it.

Regards,
Marty