[Gambas-user] Problems with the IDE and Stream buffering

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Wed Aug 21 15:08:24 CEST 2013

Hi folks,

is anyone else having trouble with the latest revision(s)? I observed two
things:

1) Stream buffering broken. If I have a Process (it may equivalently well
   be only a Process problem (not a general Stream one) as it is the Process
   code which was touched recently), I get one line from it and nothing more
   until the program terminates (or the Process object is released).

   The IDE has the same problem with my programs: If I use Print/Debug/Error
   in the code, the IDE doesn't see them until the program is closed.

2) IDE property panel unusable. I can't set values anymore. The errors say
   "Incorrect property value." for everything. I can't set a Boolean to True
   anymore, to give an example.

I did a complete

$ make clean && ./reconf-all && ./configure && make -j5 && sudo make install

and the problems remain!

I'd like to know if anyone can reproduce these problems or if something over
here is _seriously_ broken.

Oh, and I should note that I have also installed an alternate version of
Gambas in my local $HOME/bin which I can run and it doesn't show the above
both symptoms. My broken version in use is #5812 and the working alternate
version is #5801.

Regards,
Tobi