[Gambas-user] Application_Read() called with no end

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun Aug 18 21:08:54 CEST 2013

Hi Benoit,

I'm using Application_Read() in a project now and it seems to misbehave. I
have attached a project which mirrors its input from within
Application_Read() using the Debug instruction.

The problem is, even though the file I am redirecting in is completely read,
Application_Read() is still called with no end:

$ echo "abc" >/tmp/file
$ gbx3 </tmp/file
MMain.Application_Read.12: abc
MMain.Application_Read.12:
MMain.Application_Read.12:
MMain.Application_Read.12:
^C

Maybe there is some feof(stdin) check missing to stop the watch since to
select(2), the file is still readily readable at the EOF. As callback_read()
in gbx_c_file.c seems to be widely shared, I don't want to mess around with
it without knowing the rest of the code.

Regards,
Tobi