[Gambas-user] Feature request: Use key- (and index-)accessor in a With clause

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Aug 15 16:38:21 CEST 2013

Le 15/08/2013 16:32, Tobias Boege a écrit :
>> This is implemented in revision #5797:
>>
>> Dim aStr As New String[2]
>> With aStr
>>     .[0] = "a"
>>     .[1] = "b"
>>     Print .[0];; .[1]
>> End With
>>
>> Enjoy!
>
> Nice! Works also with Collection-like objects. The only thing I noticed was
> that it's not very comfortable to type in the IDE, i.e. once you are in the
> With clause and type ".", you will presented the list of symbols in the
> auto-completion popup. If you press "[", the first thing in there is
> inserted before the "[".
>
> Anyway, this is very great!
>
> Thanks,
> Tobi

Yep, the IDE is not yet aware of that new syntax...

In revision #5798, I implemented the same thing for the "!" operator.

With <some Result object or Collection>
   !field1 = "foo"
   !field2 = "bar"
End With