[Gambas-user] Cairo library - printing text

Wed Aug 14 09:22:05 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Found the gb.cairo class, and I hope it will make PDFs from command line.

The task is not too ambitious, just 2 pages, but there is a lot of text
(4 paragraphs) on one of them.

Due to documentation, the DrawText function in Cairo just prints a
single line, and I have to move to the starting point before, is that
correct? Is there another function that has as much comfort as the
DrawText function of the Paint class? And what is the difference between
DrawText and Text?

In the documentation, it says Begin only starts printing on an image by
now, but how with PDF? (A simple example of how to start and end
printing with Cairo would be nice here, e. g. on the first Cairo page.)

Thanks for your advice.

Rolf