[Gambas-user] Microsoft Access database

Caveat Gambas at ...1950...
Tue Aug 13 16:52:00 CEST 2013

Hi Ivan

Ready to take another look at converting your multi-user database (ahem!
SINGLE USER FILE!) to a proper dbms? :-D

I did also look at mdbtools and the like before rolling my own
conversion tool but nothing worked particularly well... I ended up with
some fugly combination of awk, sed, grep, etc. and it still didn't do
the conversion right!

If your data isn't particularly sensitive nor particularly huge, send it
on and I'll see what my conversion program makes of it. Right now, I've
converted the database we use at work for stock control, invoicing etc.
to both MSSQLServer and MySQL and of course, the ubiquitous Northwind
sample db.  I'm still planning on adding support for binary data
fields... if you don't have any, then you're in luck!

Kind regards,
Caveat