[Gambas-user] Microsoft Access database

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Tue Aug 13 15:31:16 CEST 2013

On Tue, 2013-08-13 at 14:57 +0200, Ivan Kern wrote:
> I thank you all.
>
> I'm running MS Access on the remote machine and I need actually connect to
> MS access.
> I still have no solution.
>
> Kind regards,
> Ivan

I am grasping at the thin straws of memory here, but for what it's
worth.

I used to do something along these lines, but IIRC:
a) MSAccess did/does not run as a server process, especially to remote
machines.  In order to get it to that we had to use ODBC and establish a
connection process on the "server" and similarly an ODBC client on the
remote "client" machine. In the case of a single connection to the
"server" this was reasonably trivial, but if multiple "clients" were
involved this bordered on a nightmare.
b) the linux/GNU/whatever ODBC libraries we used were extremely basic
but did work within their constraints. In short, scalabilty was a pipe
dream.
c) there was/is a community called databaseadvisors(.com) who were a
great deal of help.

Looking at your problem from a distance, using a proper rdms is in the
long term a better road. ymmd.

best of luck
Bruce