[Gambas-user] Microsoft Access database

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...626...
Mon Aug 12 14:41:29 CEST 2013

I would think you should be able to use the ODBC component to connect ot
MSAccess?

Check this out:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/administer-odbc-data-sources-HA010275550.aspx

And this: http://gambasdoc.org/help/doc/odbc?en&v3

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 5:26 AM, Caveat <Gambas at ...1950...> wrote:

> Not that I know of, but I have written a system to convert MSAccess
> databases to MySQL/postgresql/MSSQLServer.  It's written in java and
> uses the jackcess library (http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/).
>
> I also wrote a server which makes calls to the jackcess library based on
> simple text commands, so in theory you could make a basic client in
> Gambas...
>
> Let's first see if anyone has already found a way to talk to access dbs
> directly in Gambas...
>
> Kind regards,
> Caveat
>
> On 12/08/13 13:39, Ivan Kern wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >

> > Is it possible to connect  Microsoft access database with Gambas?
> >
> > If yea, please, an example.
> >

> > Best regards,
> >
> > Ivan

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?