[Gambas-user] GAMBAS PATH

Jesus ea7dfh at ...2382...
Mon Aug 12 00:01:13 CEST 2013

El 11/08/13 14:45, Antonio Sánchez escribió:
> Hi, Benoît, would reconsider the possibility to run GAMBAS from a given
> path with a environment variable or another method? It would be a great
> help to run programs made with older versions of GAMBAS in new systems that
> do not have in its repositories older versions of GAMBAS.
>
> It would be useful to run programs made in GAMBAS in home directory too
> without root permissions.
>
> And you could play with several versions only copying necessary files in
> the work folder.
>
> And another advantage is that you can be sure that the user will have just
> the version your program need =:-)
>

> Thanks.

Some time ago, I was playing with gambas2 and the GB_DIR environment
variable. I was able to start my programs from anywhere in the mounted
storage units.

However, since then, I haven't used GB_DIR anymore, but I guess Benoit
could explain here if this is still a valid option for the purpose.

In the meantime, Antonio, you could check some threads in the Spanish
forum, perhaps that will give you some clues.

http://www.gambas-es.org/viewtopic.php?p=1388#p1388

Regards
--
Jesus Guardon