[Gambas-user] Feature request: Use key- (and index-)accessor in a With clause

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun Aug 11 13:33:10 CEST 2013

Hi Benoit,

what bothers me from time to time is that With is *so* handy but can't be
used to access Array or Collection elements like:

With hCollection ' or hArray
  Print ["key"]  ' or Print [0]
End With

I see that this would be a syntactical problem because ["key"] and [0] may
equivalently well be recognised as inline arrays. But we have another
option, right? There is still the ! operator which is unambiguous:

With hCollection
  Print !key
End With

Should be no problem if implemented. What do you think? And while we are at
it, couldn't the ! operator at the same time get the capability to support
integers, so that the above will also work with an array:

With hArray
  Print !0
End With

Regards,