[Gambas-user] mysql seach string contains single quote

Johny Provoost johny.provoost at ...27...
Sat Aug 10 10:06:22 CEST 2013

Op 10-08-13 09:02, bill-lancaster schreef:
> Have seen a couple of posts that refer to this but can't quite understand the
> answer
>
> I have a database which conntains a string  'Queen's Head'
>
> so
>       hResult = hConn.Exec("SELECT contacts.* FROM contacts WHERE Title =
> 'Queen's Head'")
> produces an error.
>
> How best to solve this?
>

> --

It's because Queen's Head has a ' in the string.

I always use
     Var="Queen's Head"
     hResult=hConn.Exec("SELECT contacts.* FROM contacts WHERE Title="
or
     hResult=hConn.Exec("SELECT contacts.* FROM contacts WHERE Title=" &
Chr(34) & Var & Chr(34))

Maybe there other solutions, I'm not a professional programmer.

Johny