[Gambas-user] Killing an arbitrary process

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Thu Aug 8 11:08:38 CEST 2013

I am using gnuplot to draw some graphs in a panel. To do this I create a
gnuplot script and then Shell that script with
        $sop = Shell scmd
where $sop is a process.

Here's the problem.  When gnuplot creates the plot it does so as a new
process, typically the pid is one more than $sop.Handle. When the
program is closed the gnuplot process remains, so I want to kill it.

So, how can I kill an arbitrary process?  Better still, is there a way
to get information on an arbitrary process so that I can check it is a
child of $sop and if so kill it?

tia
Bruce