[Gambas-user] smtp-client doesn't return

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun Aug 4 17:35:54 CEST 2013

On Thu, 01 Aug 2013, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:

> Am 31.07.2013 23:59, schrieb Beno?t Minisini:
> > Le 31/07/2013 23:53, Rolf-Werner Eilert a ?crit :
> >>
> >> Hm, would any provider accept mails without giving username and
> >> password? I don't know any. And most providers offer a way of secure
> >> access, not using port 25 but 465 or 587. I just don't know if this is
> >> supported by gb.net.smtp. If yes, I would prefer it of course.
> >>
> >> Is there a way of observing what email.Send is doing? Or have I simply
> >> got to wait for it to return, hoping it will do so some day?
> >>
> >> Rolf
> >>

> > Did you see the 'Debug' property in the doc? :-)
> >

> Help says, it is "printed to the standard error" - where is "standard
> error"? Sorry, slightly confused... I looked through /var/log, but nothing.
>
> In the debug window, the only thing that appeared was "-> quit".

Standard error (stderr) is an output stream of a program. Normally it points
to the same device as the standard output does. So both texts will appear
intermixed - but immediately visible to you.

If you only see a "-> quit" in the console window then it's because the
class only wrote this to stderr, nothing more.

Regards,
Tobi